Health and Safety Advice
We can act as the Client's competent Health and Safety Advisor for any project. We can carry out the following:-
- Advise the Client of their duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Notify the Health and Safety Executive of the project (form F10), and send revised details when new information becomes available.
- Check the competence and resources of designers and contractors and report the findings to the Client.
- Review any existing health and safety information regarding the project site and produce the pre-construction information for prospective designers and contractors
- Check the Principal Contractor's construction phase health and safety plan and issue a formal letter of approval to the Client.
- Ensure the construction site is health and safety compliant with current legislation by carrying out unannounced site safety inspections and issuing a formal report.
As part of our Architectural duties, we will perform the role of Lead Designer under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 for as long as we are involved on the project. This will involve the following duties: -
- Attend design meetings and advise on health and safety within the design process
- Ensure that all designers co-operate and communicate with each other.
- Monitor the project design and advise on the general principles of prevention where required
- Produce Designer Risk Assessments
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor in the planning and management of the construction phase.
- Collate and produce the necessary information for the health and safety file, for handover to the Client.